Through the generous support of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Baptist Health Innovations has launched the Knight Foundation Fellowship for Healthcare Technology Innovation.
This competitive fellowship is designed to attract, train and empower healthcare visionaries and entrepreneurs to develop a diverse and connected community of innovators at Baptist Health and in South Florida.
The yearlong fellowship has been adapted from distinguished programs that include the Stanford BioDesign program and graduate and professional courses taught by a world-renowned educator from Case Western Reserve University and Henry Ford Health System.
The concepts, tools and network acquired by the fellows will lead to downstream entrepreneurial and innovation activities that can benefit patients, providers and our community.
The application submission process opened on June 1, 2022, through August 5, 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation, and sign intellectual property waiver documents in order to participate.
Please check back periodically for updates and new content on our inaugural 2022-2023 cohort.
The fellowship employs an immersive environment to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the need and opportunity for developing new products, services and interventions in healthcare. The curriculum augments classroom discourse and presentations with multidisciplinary, team-based experiential projects focused on opportunities identified and selected by the teams.
- Importance & Impact of Intellectual Property
- Regulatory Environments
- Investment Capital Sources
- Development of New Products
- Quantitative & Qualitative Methods
- Asset Management
- Innovation Skills
- Opportunity Assessment
- Economic Modeling
The multidisciplinary teams will ideate, assess and refine potential solutions to self-selected healthcare needs, culminating with an end-of-year presentation to a panel of professional innovators, executives, and investors.
Experiences are broadened through interaction with healthcare subject matter experts and business leaders who share their respective personal and professional journeys.
For more information, contact Baptist Health Innovations via email at InnovationPrograms@BaptistHealth.net.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- South Florida Residency Requirement (Applicants must currently reside in one of these four South Florida counties: Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County or Monroe County).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of professional experience and/or graduate-level work
- Full-time employment (at least 3 years post-academic enrollment)
- A passion or interest in healthcare, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Support from immediate supervisor and, if applicable, external employer
- Willingness and ability to commit to attendance from September to June, for 12 hours per month
The program is designed for physicians, healthcare professionals and administrators, researchers, IT professionals, designers, engineers and other professionals. Anyone with a dedicated interest in healthcare and entrepreneurship who fit the criteria are encouraged to submit the qualification eligibility form to see if you are eligible to apply.
Fellows will become part of an active and robust community of innovators at Baptist Health and in Miami, and will be eligible to participate in a series of team-based innovation challenge programs commencing in September 2022.
For any questions, please reach out to our Innovations team at InnovationPrograms@BaptistHealth.net
All seminar sessions will be on Fridays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Session 1: September 30, 2022
- Session 2: October 28, 2022
- Session 3: November 18, 2022
- Session 4: December 16, 2022
- Session 5: January 27, 2023
- Session 6: February 24, 2023
- Session 7: March 31, 2023
- Session 8: April 28, 2023
- Session 9: May 19, 2023
- Session 10: Graduation and Evening Celebratory Reception: June 2023 (tentative)