A rolling application process is now open. August 1, 2023, is the deadline to be considered for the September 2023 cohort. Submissions received after August 1, 2023, will be considered for the September 2024 cohort.
In order to participate, applicants need to submit a cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation and signed intellectual property waiver documents. For this Fellowship, if you have a Baptist Health email address, please follow the instructions for an Internal Baptist Health Candidate.
If you are a Baptist Health employee, select the link on the bottom right to be directed to the internal candidate application page. Once inside the application page, use the ‘Login using SSO Authentication’ link and enter your Baptist Health email and password.
If you are an external candidate not employed at Baptist Health and do not have a Baptist Health email, select the link on the bottom left to complete a brief questionnaire. Please allow 24 hours to receive your login information, direct link to access the application and additional documentation via email. In addition, once you receive your login credentials you may also access the application using the link on the bottom right (Internal Baptist Health Candidate).
If you have any questions on the application process, please contact our Innovations team at InnovationPrograms@BaptistHealth.net.
Internal Baptist Health Candidate
The fellowship employs an immersive environment to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the need and opportunity for developing new products, services and interventions in healthcare. The curriculum augments classroom discourse and presentations with multidisciplinary, team-based experiential projects focused on opportunities identified and selected by the teams.
- Importance & Impact of Intellectual Property
- Regulatory Environments
- Investment Capital Sources
- Development of New Products
- Quantitative & Qualitative Methods
- Asset Management
- Innovation Skills
- Opportunity Assessment
- Economic Modeling
The multidisciplinary teams will ideate, assess and refine potential solutions to self-selected healthcare needs, culminating with an end-of-year presentation to a panel of professional innovators, executives, and investors.
Experiences are broadened through interaction with healthcare subject matter experts and business leaders who share their respective personal and professional journeys.
For more information, contact Baptist Health Innovations via email at InnovationPrograms@BaptistHealth.net.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- South Florida residency (applicant must currently reside in one of these four South Florida counties: Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County or Monroe County).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required (at least three years of professional experience and/or graduate-level work).
- Employed full-time (at least three years post-academic enrollment).
- Passion or interest in healthcare, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Support from immediate supervisor and, if applicable, external employer.
- Willingness and ability to attend 10 in-person, four-hour sessions scheduled from September to June in Miami, Florida, and to participate in hybrid team-based sessions approximately six hours per month.
The program is designed for physicians, healthcare professionals and administrators, researchers, IT professionals, designers, engineers and other professionals. Anyone with a dedicated interest in healthcare and entrepreneurship who fits the criteria is encouraged to submit an application for consideration.
Fellows will become part of an active and robust community of innovators at Baptist Health and in Miami and will be eligible to participate in a series of team-based innovation challenge programs.
If you have any questions, please contact our Innovations team at InnovationPrograms@BaptistHealth.net
All seminar sessions will be on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Session 1: October 6, 2023
- Session 2: October 27, 2023
- Session 3: November 17, 2023
- Session 4: December 15, 2023
- Session 5: January 26, 2024
- Session 6: February 23, 2024
- Session 7: March 22, 2024
- Session 8: April 26, 2024
- Session 9: May 17, 2024
- Session 10: Graduation - June 7, 2024